Best tips for roadtrips in Santorini
Santorini -Santorini car rental- is one of the most famous Greek islands that are worth visiting once in a lifetime. Although it is a small island this does not mean that you could not go on a road trip on it! Choose your company and hop on your car!
Why choose the car as your means of travel
You should choose the car as your means for many reasons. Let us list them below.
- You will have extra room for luggage and you will not have to carry your heavy backpacks around the island.
- You will travel at your own comfort and move around as often as you like.
- It is a safe means of travel as it has airbags and you are not compromised. like on a motorbike.
- It is a great means of transport for kids and a great way to initiate your kids to road trip experiences!
Rent a car in Santorini
First of all, you are going to need a good car for your road trips. What kind of car you will need depends on your destination, the type of trip and how many people you will be. Make sure you book in advance, choose unlimited miles and insure yourself. Rent a car in Santorini port car rental.
If you are traveling with your family or if you are with a group of friends, make sure to rent a comfortable car that will meet your needs. For example, if you are planning on visiting many beaches that are located in the ends of the island, you will need a stronger car. A jeep or an SUV will be best for off-road road trips.
Put on some music
Few things fit as well as music and the open road. There will be plenty of time to listen to music, so make sure you have downloaded enough playlists to your smartphone and don’t forget the USB and AUX cable.
However, check what music the local radio stations is playing and listen to it. You may not like it, but you will not be able to hear it at home. And how do you know? Maybe you love it!
Stay off the main roads
Highways can be fast, but you will lose a lot. If possible (given the time and terrain), take the road that is less busy. You will see much more, you will meet locals and you will see things that you will never see before. Do you see a sign for a strange city or a strange tourist attraction? Follow it! Now is your chance. Spontaneity is the A and the Z in road trips!
A cooler and a thermal bag is a must
When traveling with a car for days, a cooler or thermal bag is of course a must! Having a cooler with you during summer will help you keep your drinks and sandwiches cold and fresh! This way you will be able to keep going for more hours without stopping for lunch or returning to your hotel.
You can also take your cooler at the beach and enjoy your cold water without paying extra for beach drinks! A good tip is to freeze your bottles in your hotel fridge so that they can last longer and act as ice packs too!
Travel with the suitable company
Road trips can build a stronger bond or destroy a friendship. Sure, they’ll make you laugh, but imagine being stuck in a car for six hours.Think about this: Are you as interested in the history of the place as you are, or are you more interested in finding the nearest bar?
Make sure you find the right traveler to match your temperament, someone who can do something you can’t and can handle your best and worst. If you are traveling with your significant other, make sure to work your way up to a road trip with small trips around the city before going on a road trip to Santorini.
Remember to bring with you these important things
When traveling with a car you will need to have some things with you always. Either for your own safety or for your comfort, never forget the following:
- Green card (if you come with your own car)
- Driver’s license for every one who knows how to drive (as you might need to switch drivers)
- Your ID and passport as you could need them
- Your music! USB, AUX cable or CDs, at any form, music is something you need for a road trip
- Travel guides to explore the different and new places of Santorini!
- GPS and a good old map to keep you in the right direction.
- Tissues and baby wipes (especially if you are traveling with children)
- Snacks and drinks. Choose healthy snacks like fruits and dried fruits and plenty of water!
After following those tips for a road trip we are sure that you will enjoy every bit of it! Discovering the different landscapes of the island will be the reason why your vacation in Santorini will be an unforgettable experience!
See more about Santorini Rent a car:
- AKROTIRI SANTORINI CAR RENTAL
- PERISSA BEACH CAR RENTAL
- PERIVOLOS BEACH CAR RENTAL
- KAMARI BEACH CAR RENTAL
- MONOLITHOS BEACH CAR RENTAL
- SANTORINI PIRGOS CAR RENTAL